Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bush reduces troop tours, I develop psychic powers

Bush has cut troop tours in Iraq from 15 months to 12 months, hinting at the possibility of further troop reductions later in the year and actually appearing to do a positive thing.

I haven't bothered to read the article because I wanted to perform an experiment. I am betting that Bush will still play up the dangerousness and tenuousness of the situation, to be sure. I am also betting that he will use the phrases "We are a nation at war", "Terrorists are dangerous" and "Terrorists are still determined to strike at us." Now I will go look.

Shit yeah! SAME SENTENCE! "We remain a nation at war," he said. "The terrorists remain dangerous and they are determined to strike our country and our allies again." I am the fuckin' all-seer. I know when you will die! I am a being of pure thought!

This will likely to do little to ease the arguments between Democrats and republicans about who Iraq loves more and wants to spend the rest of her life with. But if you're a soldier, or 'troop' as I believe jargon dictates, congrats: you get to spend 3 less months with sand in your crack......subject to typical Bush Administrations guarantees, prices and liscense may vary, not available in all stores. Go nuts.

No comments: