Friday, July 18, 2008

Bush Administration officially out of euphemisms

To briefly recap today's groundbreaking announcement, while a phased troop withdrawal along a flexible timeline based on clearly stated benchmarks is tantamount to treasonous failure, a "general time horizon" for troop reduction is perfectly acceptable, even a notable policy shift? Maybe I'm not supposed to understand this shit. Maybe they've outsmarted me.

Or maybe one of those feckless layabouts in the press corps could raise a fucking hand and politely ask, "Mr. President, isn't it impossible to actually reach the horizon?"

On a side note, I can accept this administration's decimation of my country's economy, constitution, and general worth in the eyes of the world. But is it too much to ask that they stop sodomizing my language? Sure, we've all grown accustomed to our commander-in-chief stumbling over anything with more than two syllables and laughing it off like he just got caught brushing up against a coworker's tits, but dressing up conspicuously hollow policy in a meaningless catch phrase is just plain mean. Leave my language alone, George. After you get done with this place it's all I'll have left.

No comments: