Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hey, Mr. and Mrs. Natural Fibers...

I fully intend to print out several hundred copies of this Reuters article and staple them to the foreheads of those pompous, Nalgene bottle-toting Park Slope stroller pushers clogging the sidewalk space between me and the bar.
LONDON (Reuters) - Organic food has no nutritional or health benefits over ordinary food, according to a major study published Wednesday.

Researchers from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine said consumers were paying higher prices for organic food because of its perceived health benefits, creating a global organic market worth an estimated $48 billion in 2007.

A systematic review of 162 scientific papers published in the scientific literature over the last 50 years, however, found there was no significant difference.
After that, I start tossing cans of motor oil through the window of every fucking Whole Foods I see. As though I needed another reason.

No comments: