Friday, January 16, 2009

Noble Idiot Boy-King-Savior


In honor of Tuesday's End of an Error, I was preparing a giant list of Things I Will Never Have to Hear Bush Say Again. Then, as he's wont to do when it comes to economies, foreign relations, disaster responses, civil liberties, and most other good ideas, the president went and ruined it for everyone.

Full text of last night's "Sorry for fucking it all up JK LOL!" shitshow can be found HERE. The aforementioned list appears below the fold.


"This evening, my thoughts return to the first night I addressed you from this house, September 11, 2001."

"I remember standing in the rubble of the World Trade Center..."

"...we have taken the fight to the terrorists and those who support them."

"The battles waged by our troops are part of a broader struggle between two dramatically different systems. Under one, a small band of fanatics demands total obedience to an oppressive ideology..." [Note: delivered without irony.]

"America's air, water and lands are measurably cleaner."

"I have often spoken to you about good and evil, and this has made some uncomfortable. But good and evil are present in this world and between the two, there can be no compromise. Murdering the innocent to advance an ideology is wrong every time, everywhere."

"You may not agree with some tough decisions I have made, but I hope you can agree that I was willing to make the tough decisions."

"And so, my fellow Americans, for the final time, good night. May God bless this house and our next president. And may God bless you and our wonderful country."

No comments: