Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Olympics illness

I've been sitting around today watching the Olympics. Every two years a switch is flipped in my brain and I become obsessive about watching as much as I can. I can't even get excited about anything in the NBA or most of the MLB, but I will sit down and watch Canada vs China in women's soccer or Italy/Russia in women's volleyball and stay riveted. I'm not even watching the good women's teams. I am going to watch archery later.

I was transfixed by the beginning of men's cycling where they were all pedaling at half speed and the announcers were openly talking about how they take it easy for the first hour or so. I still wouldn't turn it off.

I think I'm a legitimate fan of badminton now. I think I would watch it weekly.

GIVE ME MY BRAIN BACK NBC!!! This is going to get rough when track and field starts.

No comments: