Wednesday, September 9, 2009

New gilded age



From the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities new report charmingly entitled Top 1 Percent of Americans Reaped Two-Thirds of Income Gains in Last Economic Expansion, that also included an amusing sub header of 'Income Concentration in 2007 Was at Highest Level Since 1928'.

Hey...1928...isn't that around the last time our economy went screaming off a cliff before gruesomely cratering head first into a canyon floor? What a funny coincidence, I'm sure it's unrelated. I wonder if this, along with the trillions in bailouts to the financial and banking industries, is something I should keep in the forefront of my thoughts whenever I hear some politician or pundit opine that the peasant class doesn't deserve to have so much money spent on it for something as trivial as health care? Naah, I'm pretty sure thinking about that, nay even mentioning it, is the nastiest type of class warfare there is: the dreaded Poor People Noticing How Bad they're Getting Fucked form of class warfare. *shudders* I don't want to be traveling on that type of uncouth road.

No comments: