Saturday, September 13, 2008

Now you've gone and done it

I could handle the lying about the record and the accomplishments and the opponent, but this time you've gone too far McCain campaign. Much too far. You will be ground into moosemeat.

Palin is GOP's beacon
She relishes moose burgers because "they taste better than beef with no chemicals, steroids or hormones." She adopted the Pittsburgh Steelers because of the team's success in the 1970s and because there are no major professional teams in her state.
Sarah Palin Is a Seahawker
And not just a casual Seahawks fan, folks–Palin’s a member of the Seahawkers, the team’s official fan club.

I spoke to Tom Spindler, President of the Mat-Su (Matanuska and Susitna Valleys) Seahawkers. “She joined about two or three years ago,” Tom told me. “Her husband Todd is the one who enrolled them.”

Tom told me that, in addition to gathering for Seahawks games at Tailgaters Sports Bar in Wasilla, the Mat-Su Seahawkers support youth sports in the area.
Now you're messin' with my emotions, lying about the important stuff. It's the second time the McCain camp has lied about yinz Picksburgh Stillers.

Lyin' John elaborates
"When I was first interrogated and really had to give some information because of the pressures, physical pressures on me, I named the starting lineup, defensive line of the Pittsburgh Steelers as my squadron mates."
From bodice ripping romance novel Faith of My Fathers
"Pressed for more useful information, I gave the names of the Green Bay Packers offensive line, and said they were members of my squadron. When asked to identify future targets, I simply recited the names of a number of North Vietnamese cities that had already been bombed.”
Clearly Western Pennsylvania can't vote for these people, these yinzer appropriators. Obama is a Bears fan, so at least he isn't pretending to know who Louis Lipps is or knows the shame of Alfred Pupunu and Stan Humphries. Joe Biden on the other hand has given a story that hasn't been discredited. As a bonus, he gave it to a Washington newspaper.
On Friday night, when Obama and Biden met Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin in Pittsburgh, Biden recounted how "Old Mr. Rooney" -- Steelers owner Dan Rooney -- dispatched some players from his championship team to the hospital room in Wilmington where Biden's two toddler sons, Beau and Hunter, were recovering from the accident. They brought the boys an autographed football as a Christmas present.

"And I have been a Steelers fan since that day," Biden told Tomlin.

"Not much has changed," Tomlin responded.
I think we know who to support. Issues schmissues, football is at least as good a reason as Revlon for pork, touching the pee-pees of k-8 children, Obama's husband Bill Ayers, and the Bridge to Nowhere.

No comments: