Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Quote of the day: On mercy for Wall Street

"I was watching Rush Limbaugh the other night, and I was horrified. I would have Rush Limbaugh drawn and quartered. He was sticking up for these Wall Street pigs. [I think] there should be public show trials, mass denunciations and executions."
-- director-screenwriter John Milius

Seems my consternations and rantings against the moneyed whore elite are relatively tame by the writer of Dirty Harry, Apocalypse Now and Conan the Barbarian's standards. I just wanted to stick one or two bankers on the horns of the bull statue on Wall Street. Maybe public stockades. I am a comparative pacifist.

"Mr. Milius, what should we do with these Wall Street gutterfucks?"

"I wish to crush them, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentation of their women."

No comments: