Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Um... I, ah, I, I, ah... I, uh -- the, uh -- ah



Why is it that every time a Republican is asked this question they turn into some blubbering combination of a nervous Elmer Fudd and Porky Pig? Then they have to pledge their fealty to the scientific method, even though they completely reject most of what it comes up with. Why do they feel the need to take us on a five minute stammering journey of gibberish in order to claim that the science isn't in on evolution or climate change and we sure as fuck shouldn't find out what it says on stem cells? Just say "no".

Why not? The "debate" has been so watered down by attempts to bend over backward to accommodate the opinions of "God did it" that only 40% of the country definitively believes in evolution. The only place on the planet where "I'm not sure about that evolution thing" is even a more popular answer: Turkey. Feel free to definitively state your opposition to science, Mike. You've helped make ignorance a massively popular opinion. You'll gain votes.

Oh, and Tweety? Pat Toomey vs. a Democrat Arlen Specter? I'm sorry about what I said earlier, please run for the Senate in PA.

No comments: