Monday, May 18, 2009

Quote of the day

Finally a Republican has made a non-Jesus based argument against same-sex marriage. Turns out it's still a bad idea because it makes the baby Jesus cry, but gay marriage is also a bad idea because it secretly enables gay couples to bankrupt the American business community. Teh gayz will steals all the moneyz!!
In a breakfast speech to delegates of the Georgia Republican convention, Steele put himself in the shoes of a small business owner having to pay for health care and life insurance for a same-sex couple.

“Now all of a sudden I’ve got someone who wasn’t a spouse before, that I had no responsibility for, who is now getting claimed as a spouse that I now have financial responsibility for,” Steele said. “So how do I pay for that? Who pays for that? You just cost me money.”
Makes sense to me. Of course there are those pesky studies that show things like gay marriage being able to pump something like $700 million into local businesses and $75 million into the state for licensing fees just in California alone, but I'll take Steele's word for it. The gays are gonna destroy small business.

No comments: