Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Quote of the day

President Obama, already turtling into that punch-drunk "I don't care what people say", "I listen to what's in my heart", "I'll let history judge me" period of the Presidency that took George W. Bush 7 years to get to.
“I’d rather be a really good one-term president than a mediocre two-term president,” he told ABC’s “World News” anchor Diane Sawyer in an exclusive interview today.
...
Seated across from Sawyer in the White House, the president added, “I don’t want to look back on my time here and say to myself all I was interested in was nurturing my own popularity.”
Well, you certainly have shown you aren't interested in doing things that are popular.

Let's see: fucked up health care to the point it might not pass now, haven't gotten around to focusing on that whole jobs thing, no attempt on serious financial reform, your economic leaders have been shown to be way too close and too eager to cut cushy deals for the financial giants that shitted the economy and help them hide from any scrutiny, you've continue much of the repellent legal shenanigans the Bush Administration engaged in, Gitmo is still open, there's those two wars still going on, and you don't seem interested in actually fighting for anything you ran on.

Will you settle for mediocre one-term president?

No comments: