Monday, October 12, 2009

Sounds like he gets it



Rep. Anthony "I drink Betsy McCaughey's milkshake...I DRINK IT UP!" Weiner (D-NY) pointing out the obvious: that if the insurance company itself is making the claim that even the tepid incremental reform being offered is going to cause massive premium spikes (as opposed to the massive premium spikes that have happened over the past few decades for shits and giggles) then doesn't that pretty much make a public option the obvious solution? At not just "obvious to regular people obvious", so obvious that even Democratic leadership has to notice it.

Sure the insurance companies are talking absolute shit, but doesn't it provide "moderates" with the precious political cover they need to do anything for the benefit of the American people? Am I just getting my hopes up unnecessarily? I thought so. I'll go sit down.

No comments: