Tuesday, November 17, 2009

We missed you, Glenn

Glenn Beck is back from his medical hiatus. He was either getting his appendix removed or he had the logic and decency centers of his brain completely removed, I forget which. But he's back and he's making up for all those lost weeks he wasn't on the air spewing crazy. Yeah, it's about health care, but with a rape twist.
"America has spoken clearly, consistently; 'We don't want this.' For the first time in history we don't think it's the government's place to give it to us."
...
"We are -and excuse this analogy, but I feel like it's true- We're the young girl saying, 'No no! Help me!' and the government is Roman Polanski. In the end I think we're all going to be cowering in France."
Well done, sir. I'll ignore the basic lie about Americans not wanting health care, I know every poll disputes it, but it's the kind of bog standard Glenn Beck lie we're all used to. But to compare the quest to make health care more affordable and more accessible to drugging and raping a child? Despite your own dalliances in that field in, say, 1990? That's some quality crazy. I'm certain we've entered the Golden Age of Glenn Beck.

Though I do want to dispute the analogy. Sure, I'll agree that health care reform is almost indistinguishable from rape or the rape of a child. But comparing Democrats to Roman Polanski? Polanski was respected, criticially acclaimed, and viewed as competent; adjectives that cannot be applied to the 2009 Democratic party. And cowering in France? Sure, that's what Polanski did, but no matter how hard the Democrats rape America, it's not something we'll be doing. No, France actually has universal, government run health care. Most people would probably prefer to cower in France, at least if they were sick.

Irregardless, welcome back Glenny my boy. Look forward to hearing how climate change legislation is like Andrea Yates killing her five kids or the Zodiac murders.

No comments: